February 11, 2022
Securos UK: Tibial Tuberosity Advancement Wet Lab
CPD Central | London, England
Tibial Tuberosity Advancement Using Xgen (Forkless) Plate Course
Lecture and Wet Lab
Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA) has become one of the preferred techniques used in orthopaedic practice for the treatment of cranial cruciate ligament disease. It is more invasive than some of the other techniques and involves an osteotomy. We strongly recommend attending a practical course before attempting this technique.
Securos Orthopaedic Institute has trained many veterinary surgeons worldwide to a level where they feel confident to use this technique in practice.
In the morning session we will initially focus on the pathophysiology of cranial cruciate ligament disease and the theory that surrounds TTA. In addition, there will be an opportunity to practise using digital imaging software.
This course has been designed to be highly practical, offering the opportunity to practise the technique twice, once on a saw bone and then in the wet lab.Course Objectives:
- Biomechanics of the cruciate ligament deficient stifle and tibial tuberosity advancement
- Patient assessment and selection of candidates for surgery
- Pre-operative surgical planning and implant selection
- Familiarisation with, and appropriate use of, TTA instrumentation
- Surgical technique taught in a dry lab and wet lab
- Post-operative management of patients
- Potential complications and how to deal with them
This event is sold out.
£900 Registration Fee
• Access to post course online video
• Hands on Dry and Wet Lab
• Bone model and £200 of implants
• 8 hours CPD
• Lunch and snacks provided
• 1 night's accommodation when 2 consecutive days booked
Experienced Surgeons and Teachers
Kinley Smith, MA, VETMB, PhD, CERTSAS, DIPECVS, MRCVS
11 February 2022
204a Manor Place,