Securos UK: Introduction to PAX Locking System
Northampton, Marriot Hotel | London, England
March 19, 2020
We recognise that this travel disruption will come as disappointing news, and again want to reiterate that we are working to postpone, not cancel, as we place a high importance on bringing together this valued group of practitioners that have made a continued commitment to Securos University.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have. Thank you for your understanding and support!
Introduction to PAX Locking System
Lecture and Dry Lab
PAX is one of a few locking systems that allows the screw to be placed at an angle. In this course we look at how internal fixation has evolved from nonlocking to locking systems and how they are used differently in application. With hundreds of cases, Duncan will share some of his successes and experiences whilst using the PAX locking systems which will arm you with a good understanding when making the jump from traditional to angle stable systems.Course Objectives:
- Review of the development of locking plate systems
- Review of the biomechanical principles of locking and non-locking plate systems
- Familiarisation with, and the correct use of, the PAX locking system instruments
- How to appropriately select patients
- Application of implants of the PAX locking system to the tibia, femur and humerus in the dry lab